|Bætt í vörulista á:||27.12.2006|
The Roland D.VI is a German wooden fighter biplane manufactured by the Berlin company Luft-Fahrzeug-Gesellschaft. The machine was built at the end of 1917, and it entered service in mid-May 1918. The fuselage was made in the "Klinkerrumpf" technique, which allows for the creation of highly streamlined and aerodynamically excellent wooden hulls. This technique was based on the creation of two streamlined shells (made of plywood strips) which were joined on a light skeleton composed of ribs and stringers. Perhaps the only downside to this technique was that it was extremely labor intensive. A Daimler D.III or Bz.IIIa engine served as the drive. The Roland D.VI plane was used during the military operations in the summer of 1918 in fighter squadrons, mainly in: Jasta 23b, Jasta 32b, Jasta 33, Jasta 35b. Despite its good performance, it did not play a significant role as it was replaced by simpler Fokkers D. VII. Total production was 359 units. The only surviving specimen in the world is on display at the Polish Aviation Museum in Krakow. Technical data: length: 6.3 m, wingspan: 9.4 m, height: 2.8 m, maximum speed: 182 km / h, climb speed: 4.39 m / s, practical ceiling: 5700 m, armament: fixed - 2 machine guns LMG 08/15 cal.7.92mm.
Mistök í lýsingunni? Tilkynna vandamál